My Blog List

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Advent Countdown

Advent calendars are such a hit with kids anticipating the excitement of Christmas Day! I wanted to make a simple countdown calendar to give to friends and neighbors. It had to be simple so that we could mass produce them. After sleepless nights tossing ideas around in my head, this is what we ended up with:
We cut brown wrapping paper 4"x 36" and wrapped 12 candies into it tying them off with fabric strips that I cut 1/2"x 6". I got wrapping paper that had the grid on the back so that it was easy to cut it to size. I decided to make the advent for only 12 days before Christmas since we were making so many of them. The poem that will be attached reads:
Start this advent on December the 12th,
Each day untie a treat for yourself.
When the end of the chain draws near,
You will know that Christmas is almost here.

No comments:

Post a Comment